6 sentences with 'sciences'
Example sentences and phrases with the word sciences and other words derived from it.
• « Sociology and academic history were part of a larger innovation in human learning: the social sciences. »
• « The social sciences were disciplines that sought to deduce facts about human behaviour that were equally valid for the various insights of the natural sciences into the workings of the natural world. »
• « The dream of the social sciences was to arrive at rules of behaviour, politics and historical development as certain and unbreakable as biology or geology. »
• « The pseudo-sciences of race had emerged in the late 19th century as perverse offshoots of genuine advances in biology and the natural sciences. »
• « Meanwhile, the sciences saw advances of comparable importance to those of the second half of the 19th century. »