10 sentences with 'farm'
Example sentences and phrases with the word farm and other words derived from it.
• « The steam engine that had inspired Henry as a boy had been a farm engine ... and a farm engine also induced him to forget Detroit for some time. »
• « They spent their honeymoon on a small farm where Henry had lived for the past two years: 16 acres of wooded land, which his father had bought in the 1860s, and which he had never cleared. »
• « For two summers he was engaged in repairing farm machinery for the Buckeye Harvesting Company. »
• « From the time I was old enough to help out on the farm, I knew what my father expected of me: »
• « Dad had some horses on the farm and several dogs that I trained to hunt birds. »
• « Also, whole families and even villages migrated in search of new land to farm, generally to the east and north, as noted above. »
• « The men ploughed the fields, looked after the large farm animals and did the maintenance and construction. »
• « Then we took one last walk through the pastures of her family's farm, feeling the cold chill creep in. »