6 sentences with 'obtain'
Example sentences and phrases with the word obtain and other words derived from it.
• « The imperial bureaucracy had enormous power in Byzantium. Provincial elites sent their sons to Constantinople to study and obtain posts. »
• « The important effect of Magna Carta was its principle: even the king had to respect the law. From then on English kings began to convene Parliament, a meeting of the Church, nobles and well-to-do commoners, in order to obtain authorisation and money for their wars. »
• « After decades of campaigning by feminists, divorce became a possibility in countries such as Britain and France in the late 19th century, but it remained difficult and expensive to obtain. »
• « North was being questioned about his role in the operation to sell US arms to Iran to obtain the release of American hostages in the Middle East, and about channelling the proceeds to the Nicaraguan rebels - the "contras" - then fighting their country's Marxist government. »
• « Mary Jo advises the grandmother to start legal proceedings to obtain custody of her granddaughter. »