6 sentences with 'fertility'
Example sentences and phrases with the word fertility and other words derived from it.
• « The Bacchic festivals, the bacchanals in honour of Bacchus or Dionysus (god of fertility, ecstasy and vegetation venerated in Rome and Greece), were intended to rescue the repressed areas of the human being, but carried within them the seeds of their destruction. »
• « Early religions hoped to ensure fertility and avert the many natural disasters over which ancient peoples had no control. »
• « Other Christian festivals such as Easter coincided with various fertility festivals that took place in early spring, around the time of the vernal equinox. »
• « The Rite of Spring was a ballet depicting the fertility rites of the ancient Scythians, the nomadic people native to southern Russia in the ancient past. »
• « Male fertility is subject to the following requirements: 40 per cent motile sperm, minimum concentration of 20 million sperm per millilitre of semen, minimum ejaculate volume of 2 millilitres and 60 per cent morphologically normal sperm. »
• « But this artist was out of luck; in his day female figures with accentuated sexual features were made to symbolise fertility, and the traveller's subject was probably not favourably received. Nevertheless, the little work of art stood the test of time intact. »