6 sentences with 'magnificent'
Example sentences and phrases with the word magnificent and other words derived from it.
• « It was a magnificent and memorable victory, well deserved. »
• « The Minoans were an important seafaring civilisation based on the island of Crete. They created huge palace complexes, magnificent works of art and great wealth. »
• « Ptolemy had been a close friend and trusted general of Alexander, and he brought Alexander's body to Egypt and buried it in a magnificent tomb in Alexandria, thus asserting a direct connection between his regime and Alexander himself. In the end, the Ptolemies were the most enduring of the Hellenistic dynasties. »
• « The next morning, on the flight back to Sydney, I reflect on the magnificent harvest I have been privileged to observe. »
• « A good day at the beach was synonymous with a magnificent haul of cockles, wedge-shells and clams. »