7 sentences with 'leaning'
Example sentences and phrases with the word leaning and other words derived from it.
• « My cellmates sat leaning against the wall and stared at me in disbelief. »
• « The Italians were forced to formally recognise Ethiopian independence and soon other European powers followed suit (as an aside, it is interesting to note that Russia was already leaning favourably towards Ethiopia, and a small contingent of Russian volunteers actually fought against the Italians at the battle of Adwa). »
• « Steel reinforcements have been added to the leaning structure to prevent the masonry from crumbling further, »
• « When Hoyle announced his latest findings at a meeting of scientists at the Royal Society (the UK's national academy of science) in London and asked if anyone had any doubts, Hawking rose slowly to his feet, leaning on a cane. »
• « Photographs of the wedding show him leaning on a cane and looking at the camera with a proud expression, a look of deep determination and an attitude that seems to say: "This is only the beginning. »
• « The so-called 'admiral's house' depicts a series of ships going from one city to another, and in the largest one, a character is leaning out of the cockpit; this is the 'admiral'. »